Team Out of Town Blog Hub (www.outoftownblog.com) – Mobile users are in a treat because you can now switch to other networks without changing your numbers. You can still use your existing phone number starting September 30, thanks to the Mobile Number Portability law.
If you want to switch to a different network, don’t worry; changing network providers is free. This is because of compliance with the Republic Act 11202 or the Mobile Number Portability Act, Mobile Number Portability (MNP) that gives mobile phone users the freedom to choose their telco service provider conveniently and seamlessly. It also helps promote consumer welfare as it fosters the freedom to select and respond to quality, price, and other relevant considerations.
According to Smart’s official website, you can now visit the nearest Smart Store to request your Intra MNP Application. You can also start applying for external MNP (Dito and Globe porting in to SMART) starting September 30, 2021. According to Smart, there will be a maximum of 4 hours of service interruption (no voice, SMS & data) to complete the activation of your new subscription. For Internal Porting, your MVP Rewards will be retained.
Just take note that you can only apply if your mobile number is active and has no unpaid account charges.
Before visiting the store, make sure to bring the following:
- Any Valid ID
- Proof of Ownership of SIM (For Prepaid only).
Any of the following:
- The innovador SIM Bed/Jacket of your Prepaid SIM;
- The innovador PUK Slip of your Prepaid SIM;
- A copy of an Official Receipt issued by SMART with your Prepaid Mobile Number;
- Successful login to MySmart Web or MyPLDTSmart App or GigaLife App; or PayMaya account linked to Mobile Number (Account must be linked to Paymaya for 3 months or more).
Standard Postpaid Application Requirements (For Postpaid only).
Globe was the first one to start their internal porting last April 21. Before visiting your nearest Globe store, make sure to prepare the following:
- An active SIM or mobile number
- No financial obligations or remaining balances from your previous postpaid bill
- No porting request in the last 60 days
- No record of fraudulent activity
How does mobile number portability work?
After applying to your current network, you will be receiving a 9-digit unique subscriber code. After that, the originating network will be receiving a porting authorization request from the receiving network. The request should be processed in 24 hours. Finally, the receiving network should provide and activate the new sim within 24 hours.
It will also take about 60 days before you’re allowed to request another transfer. There is also no limit to the number of times one can switch between telcos.