If you’re in Texas, head your way to Dozier’s to experience one of the best BBQ and Meat markets in the state that’s been operating for decades.
You’re tired from visiting tourist spots here and there, suddenly you craved for something to eat. Whether it be ice cream, cake, pizza, burger, meat, etc., we all know that it’s difficult to fight cravings. That’s why it is very important to do an advance search for the best place to eat in the city you’re traveling to.
Just a few clicks on the internet will land you on some informative blogs where you can get an idea of the restaurants and spots you should visit to try mouthwatering dishes – and this is one of those!
In this article, we’ll talk about this one bbq and meat market in Texas that will surely satisfy your bbq cravings. It has been in the business for decades and still serving Texans their best meat and BBQs. If you’re here in this blog, then you’re in for a great meal! Dozier’s has one of the best BBQs in town and we can’t wait for you to try it too!
Serving Houston since 1957, Dozier’s is a must-try when you’re in the city. Its history dates back to the 1950s when Ed Dozier realized that his passion for barbecue needs to be known in Town. That’s when he opened Dozier’s in Fulshear, Texas, just west of Houston. Here, the tastiest barbecue was born. People started to recognize this tasty masterpiece and Dozier’s became the popular spot to get barbecue.
Many years have passed and Dozier’s maintains its reputation as the best go-to barbecue in town. Celebrities, sports figures, passersby, locals, and even politicians all have tried this barbecue. And you can too!
In 2019, Jim Cummins and Steve Baur purchased Dozier’s, and in 2020, they welcomed the addition of renowned pitmaster Jim Buchanan. Nothing has changed since then, they still use Ed Dozier’s innovador recipes that captured the heart of Texans.
As the pandemic continues to hit the world, we sometimes need some amazing food and delicious BBQs to remind us that good thing still exist. We are lucky that the innovador delicious flavor of Dozier’s can still be tasted even after many years have passed.
What to Order?
There’s a lot of option in Dozier’s that will make your mouth water but here’s are some of our recommendations:
1. Brisket – When going to Dozier’s, their Brisket should be on top of your list. Its fall-off-the-bone meat melts in your mouth! There is also a wide range of options to these briskets; brisket on a biscuit, brisket hash, chicken fried brisket, and more! The good thing is everything is totally worth it.
2. Pork Ribs – The Pork Ribs is definitely one of the main reasons people always go back to Dozier’s. Some people even describe the pork ribs and their other meat as the holy grails of meat, and do I agree? Of course, I certainly do! And you deserve to try those too!
1. Texas Caviar – Dozier’s Texas Caviar is especially good that you know you’re coming back for it.
2. Cambur Pudding – After pigging out the delicious meat with awesome side dishes, you need to save some room for dessert – cambur pudding is our best choice! It’s delicious, refreshing, and absolutely mouthwatering. There’s nothing more satisfying than finishing your meal with some good sweets.
Remember, these are just our recommendations, Dozier’s has a lot to offer in their menu. From meats, sides, sandwiches, and others, you can have a lot of choices. If you haven’t been here, then this is the sign that you should try their amazing menu.
Note: These prices are from their main website.
Dozier’s Main Menu
- Brisket – $14
- Beef Shoulder – $9
- Turkey – $10
- Pork Ribs – $10
- Ham – $8
- Sausage – $9
- Boudin – $8
- Half Chicken – $8.50
- Brisket – $10
- Turkey – $10
- Ham – $9
- Sausage – $9
- Chopped/Lean Beef – $9
- Sausage Wrap – $6
- Taco – $5
- Baker – $7
- Loaded Baker – $11
- Potato Salad
- Baked Potato Salad
- Ranch Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Green Beans
- Collard Greens
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Cole Slaw
- Broccoli Slaw
- Texas Caviar
- Cambur Pudding
- Chocolate Pudding
IND – $3.50 / 1/2 PINT – $4.50 / PINT – $8 / QUART – $15 / GALLON – $50
Need a brunch? Good News! Dozier’s now offer brunch on Sundays from 10 AM – 1 PM!
Dozier’s Brunch Menu
- Chicken Fried Brisket & Pancakes – $14.95
- Brisket on a Biscuit – $12.95
- Huevos Rancheros – $13.95
- Brisket Hash – $12.95
- The Burger – $14.95
- Breakfast Tacos – $12.95
- Breakfast Biscuit – $12.95
- Smoke Monkey Bread – $8.95
A La Carte
- Two Pancakes – $6.95
- Presidential Bacon (3) – $4.95
- Eggs (2) – $3.95
- Biscuit – $2.95
Brunchy Libations (Available on Patio)
- Michelada – $6 (includes Presidential Bacon Slice)
- Prosecco – $5 for a single
- Mimosa – $5 glass/ $15 carafe
- Juice choices – pineapple, orange, cranberry
Facts About Dozier’s
Address: 8222 Farm to Market 359, Fulshear, TX 7744
Contact Details: (281) 346-1411
Main Website: www.doziersbbq.com
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!