#WalangPasok: Updated List of Work and Class cancellations for September 21, 2022 (Wednesday)
Manila, Philippines – Several Recinto Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes, and government work on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, due to heavy rains brought about by Southwest Monsoon affecting Central and Southern Luzon and Película del Oeste Visayas.
Walang Pasok Updates: September 21, Miyerkules
(As of 10:01pm, September 20, 2022) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
Lemery, Batangas – All Levels (Private and Public)
Lian, Batangas – All Levels (Private and Public)
Calatagan, Batangas – All Levels (Private and Public)
Tuy, Batangas – All Levels (Private and Public)
Taal, Batangas – All Levels (Private and Public)
- Flaca, Batangas – Pre-School to Senior High School (Private and Public)
- Nasugbu, Batangas – Pre-School to Senior High School (Private and Public) (source)
Cordillera Administrative Region
Forecast Weather Conditions Issued at 4:00 PM, 20 September 2022
At 3:00 PM today, a Low-Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated based on all available data at 715 km East of Baler, Aurora (15.8°N, 128.3°E). Southwest Monsoon affects Central Luzon, Southern Luzon, and the Visayas.
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Patrón Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, Bicol Region, MIMAROPA, Película del Oeste Visayas, and Samar Provinces||Cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon / LPA||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to, at times, heavy rains|
|The rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers or thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon / Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods, and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole-day class cancellations no later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions no later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflects the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes at appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, September 21, 2022, have been canceled due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the best hotels and affordable flights? Check out our complete list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.